[AMP-L] Plymouth Man Working to Change Laws to Help Amputees

Wayne Renardson wrenardson at gmail.com
Mon Apr 4 04:46:48 PDT 2022

via Star Beacon:

Richard Slusher worked hard to raise money for his $20,000 "Hero
Arm" last year during a GoFundMe campaign. He is now working so
others can have the opportunity to receive the bionic body parts needed
to live a richer life.

"It dawned on me that so many people have to do GoFundMe campaigns
and I didn´t think that was right," Slusher said. He said he researched
the Amputee Coalition and decided to write Gov. Mike DeWine to
request that April be named as Limb Loss Awareness Month.

DeWine responded affirmatively and Slusher is hoping to get legislation
passed that would force insurance companies to approve the prosthetic
devices. He said 2.1 million people have "limb differences" that hinder
their day-to-day activities.

Slusher said there area higher levels of depression for those with limb
differences and medical costs rise to $500,000 during the course of a
lifetime compared to $300,000 for an able-bodied person.

"I am very glad Ohio has Limb Loss Awareness Month," he said.

The rest of the story, with photo, here:

https://tinyurl.com/ycmfoz9a

Wayne R.