[AMP-L] Limb Loss Awareness Month [Video]

Wayne Renardson wrenardson at gmail.com
Wed Apr 13 04:10:26 PDT 2022

via KPLC Louisiana:

It´s limb loss awareness month - a time to celebrate the resilience of the
amputee community. According to the amputee coalition, more than two
million Americans are living with limb loss, with another 28 million at
risk of amputation.

We spoke to a Lake Charles man who lost his leg in 2016, and learned
how far he´s come in his recovery over the past 6 years.

A trucking accident in 2016 left Gary Robertson with only his right leg.

"From the shin down, my leg got twisted off, and when it twisted it off-
like actually off my body. My knee got splintered, so they had to cut me
above the knee, and I´ve been an amputee since then," said Robertson.

The rest of the story, with video, here:

https://tinyurl.com/yxmhd8oq

Wayne R.