[AMP-L] 1 Woman, 1 Leg, 102 Marathons in 102 Days

Wayne Renardson wrenardson at gmail.com
Fri Apr 15 04:43:27 PDT 2022

via WFMJ Ohio:

Jacky Hunt-Broersma runs like a woman possessed. And in a way, she
is: The amputee athlete is trying to run at least 102 marathons in 102
days.

Last month, a little more than two-thirds toward her goal of setting a
new world record for back-to-back marathons, the South Africa native
posted something on Twitter that got people talking.

"The first thing I did after my run today was take off my leg. Felt so
good," she tweeted. "Marathon 69 done. 31 marathons to go."

That was last month, and she's still running - covering the classic
26.2-mile (42.2-kilometer) marathon distance day in, day out, rain or
shine, occasionally on a treadmill but mostly on roads and trails near her
home in Gilbert, Arizona. If her streak remains intact heading into
the Boston Marathon on April 18, it'll be marathon No. 92.

The rest of the story, with photo, here:

https://tinyurl.com/y46mrc7x

Wayne R.