[AMP-L] Losing My Limbs: How Reporter Survived Meningococcus

Wayne Renardson wrenardson at gmail.com
Sun Apr 24 11:20:38 PDT 2022

via Stuff New Zealand:

Ripu Bhatia was a 21-year-old university student living in Sydney when
he had his arms and legs amputated after contracting meningococcal
disease.

My eyes darted to my sides to gaze at the frail twigs that were once my
arms. It felt as if massive weights had been attached to them, pinning me
to the hospital bed.

My dad peeled back the bandages to reveal what was left of my hand. It
was charcoal black, shrunken and shrivelled, resembling something that
would emerge from the dirt in a zombie film.

I was barely alive when my dad informed me I had contracted
meningococcal disease.

The rest of the story, with photo & video, here:

https://tinyurl.com/yy98elkl

Wayne R.