[AMP-L] Limb Loss Awareness 5K sets record before run

Wayne Renardson wrenardson at gmail.com
Wed Apr 27 12:10:15 PDT 2022

via Wood TV CH 8 Michigan:

In honor of Limb Loss and Limb Difference Awareness Month, the City
of Kenwood is partnering with Hanger Clinic to host the fourth Limb
Loss Awareness 5K on Saturday.

"I think it´s really important to bring awareness just because there´s
such, almost a stigma about amputees and that we can´t do everything,
but we very much are able to do everything," Beth Lowman said.
"There´s just the misunderstanding of different reasons why people get
amputations."

Six years ago, Lowman developed a condition called dystonia and lost
the ability to use her right foot and ankle.

"After a lot of different treatments, I kept advocating to have my leg
amputated," Lowman explained. "With dystonia, you literally lose all
ability to move so I couldn´t move my toes, couldn´t move my foot,
couldn´t move my ankle. And so I knew that I could get around better
and with less pain with the amputation. And so my doctors finally
agreed, and we went forward with that process."

The rest of the story, with photo, here:

https://tinyurl.com/y6rtwsqa

Wayne R.