[AMP-L] Gold for Para-swimmer Alice Tai jMonths After Leg Amputation

Wayne Renardson wayne.renardson at comcast.net
Mon Aug 1 07:03:47 PDT 2022

via BBC Sport:

English Para-swimmer Alice Tai won Commonwealth gold in Birmingham on
Sunday - just months after having her right leg amputated in January.

The 23-year-old triumphed for England in the S8 100m backstroke at
the Sandwell Aquatics Centre.

It was her second Commonwealth title after victory in Gold Coast four
years ago, but, she admitted, far more unexpected.

"I didn't think I would be able to race this season," Tai told BBC
Sport.

"I'm so grateful that Team England let me come here and compete."

Commonwealth Games day-by-day guide & schedule

The rest of the story, with photo, here:

https://tinyurl.com/29w2hxld

Wayne R.