[AMP-L] Lifeguard Completes 14 Triathlons As an Amputee [Video]

Wayne Renardson wayne.renardson at comcast.net
Tue Aug 2 05:06:52 PDT 2022

via WNYT CH 13:

A local woman who was forced to have part of one of her legs
amputated after an accident is showing people her physical challenges
do not define her.

Chele Teabout, a certified lifeguard at the Watervliet pool, was the
victim of an accident 25 years ago that changed her life forever.

Teabout, who is a former Albany corrections officer, was on the job
when she was hit by a food cart that weighed more than 500 pounds.

"Well the cart, was an institutional-sized food cart, and it held the
food for 50 inmates..." Teabout explained. "It pinched the nerves
between the bones of my ankle, and we didn´t find that out until
eight months after physical therapy, and by then the nerves had just
been severely damaged."

The rest of the story, with video, here:

https://tinyurl.com/26mryw5y

Wayne R.