[AMP-L] About La Brea's Zyra Gorecki, a.k.a Izzy

Wayne Renardson wayne.renardson at comcast.net
Wed Aug 10 08:45:54 PDT 2022

via NBC Insider:

La Brea's impressive ensemble cast brings plenty of drama to the NBC
sci-fi series, leading to wild fan theories and a finale that left us
with plenty of questions. And one of our favorite characters? Izzy
(Zyra Gorecki), the youngest member of the Harris family who, with
her father, is determined to save her mom and brother. Below,
everything we know about Gorecki and what's next for her character
Izzy.

Who is Zyra Gorecki?

Gorecki is a Michigan model who, like her character Izzy, is an
amputee. The actress lost her leg in a logging accident when she was
14 years old.

"As an amputee, you bring a totally different mental state to a
character with an amputation," she told The Hollywood Reporter. "For
Izzy, I know what it´s like to experience the pain, the emotion, the
life that comes with being an amputee. So I understand her reactions
and choices in a way that a fully limbed person wouldn´t."

The rest of the story, with photos, here:

https://tinyurl.com/2qnvvm9w

Wayne R.