[AMP-L] Spoonie Press

Wayne Renardson wayne at renardson.org
Sat Aug 20 17:02:33 PDT 2022

One fine day Scott Martin said:

SM> I recently came across an interesting source for amputee information
and interest called Spoonie Press (https://www.spooniepress.com/).
Please share with the group. Thank you.

Thank you Scott. It's been awhile since I've read poetry and nice to see
it in this read. Years back amp-l had a resident poet named Janice who
posted her work on here but one day she vanished. We can always use
more.

I read with interest the 'about' section and noticed the title 'spoonie'
refers to Spoon Theory (new to me) that explains lupus fatigue. As a
young guy I read with admiration Flannery O'Connor, a truly great
Southern, Catholic, short story writer who died way too early from
lupus, which brought me into discovery of the disease.

Spooner is a fine publication, and I appreciate you bringing it to our
attention.

Wayne Renardson