[AMP-L] Mother Shares Experience of Having Both Legs Amputated

Wayne Renardson wayne.renardson at comcast.net
Sat Aug 27 05:47:24 PDT 2022

via Galway Daily:

A young Galway mother has spoken about the challenges of daily life
after having both of her legs amputated this year.

Eilís Ní Chonghaile from Indreabhán spoke on RTÉ Raidió na Gaeltachta
on Friday about how she does not yet have any home care assistance
due to personnel shortages.

The mother of two, now living in An Spidéal, had suffered from back
pain and sciatica for four years, but suddenly the feeling in her
legs went in February.

She was unable to stand, and she was rushed to hospital.

"I was afraid, but still I thought it was the disk in my back gone, I
never thought it was anything more," she said.

"I was only in hospital about an hour and a half when they told me
they were getting a vascular surgeon down to talk to me.

The rest of the story, with photo, here:

https://tinyurl.com/2haao269

Wayne R.