[AMP-L] Woman Hopes New Golden Prosthesis Will Help Others [Video]

Wayne Renardson wayne.renardson at comcast.net
Sat Dec 10 14:26:40 PST 2022

via Canadian Broadcasting Company (CBC):

Kerry Benjoe says she has come a long way from hating her prosthesis,
to embracing it.

A Regina woman is finding peace in her new 'golden' prosthesis leg
after struggling to come to terms with her disability.

Kerry Benjoe, a freelance writer, had her leg amputated in 2018 due
to extreme pain which was caused by a broken foot that didn't heal
properly.

She lost her foot to amputation, but found her voice to speak about
domestic violence

Happy 'Ampuversary': One year after losing my leg, I have control
over my life again

"Once you get the amputation the residual limb is rather large, it's
like the size of your normal leg." Benjoe said. "It was really
depressing and I hated my prosthetic."

The rest of the story, with photos & video, here:

https://tinyurl.com/2fq48nce

Wayne R.