[AMP-L] Paralympian Stef Reid Wants to be First 'bionic' Gladiators Star

Wayne Renardson wayne.renardson at comcast.net
Thu Dec 22 14:31:28 PST 2022

via Yahoo News:

Paralympian Stef Reid wants to be first "bionic" `Gladiators´ star.

The long jump world champion has applied to take part in the BBC
reboot of the 90s Saturday night classic in an attempt to compete
under the alias of Blade - a reference to her prosthetic running leg
- to fulfil a childhood dream.

The 38-year-old star told The Sun newspaper´s TV Biz column: "I had
three ambitions growing up - winning an Olympic medal, starring in a
movie and, lastly, being a Gladiator, which is the only one I´ve yet
to achieve.

"I was a huge fan of the show as it was one of the rare occasions you
could see both male and female athletes competing on the same stage.

The rest of the story, with photo, here:

https://tinyurl.com/2e6qyfyn

Wayne R.