[AMP-L] Double-Amputee Model Lexie Bader Walks the Runway

Wayne Renardson wayne.renardson at comcast.net
Thu Jul 7 17:45:09 PDT 2022

via Westword:

When model Lexie Bader walks down the runway, not only is she tall,
beautiful, graceful and commanding - she also looks like some sort of
futuristic bionic woman. And she owns it.

"The running blades are badass," she says of her prosthetic limbs. "I
wish I could wear them all the time, but they aren´t made for that.
When I do, people always come up to me and tell me they look so
cool."

Bader lost both her legs as the result of a nerve disorder she
contracted after shattering her left ankle in a snowboarding accident
in 2012 at the age of sixteen. The condition is called complex
regional pain syndrome (CRPS), a form of chronic pain that usually
affects an arm or a leg and can develop after a trauma to the body,
such as an injury, surgery or a heart attack. For Bader, it started
after years of surgery trying to mend her broken ankle. In 2019,
she´d had enough.

The rest of the story, with photo, here:

https://tinyurl.com/ye47bcqo

Wayne R.