[AMP-L] Kenny Bontz's Pain-filled Journey to his Golf Dream

Wayne Renardson wayne.renardson at comcast.net
Tue Jul 26 15:21:56 PDT 2022

via WFTS Tampa Bay:

Bontz overcame diabetes, cancer, addiction and amputation.

Kenny Bontz is driven to be the best on the golf course. He faced
tremendous obstacles throughout his life and conquered them all.

Nearly 20 years ago, Bontz was taking drugs each day to numb the
pain. "At that point, I got addicted to opioids. I was doing about
64,000 milligrams of Vicodin a day, amongst other things, drinking a
lot," he said.

After that?

"My next step was probably heroin," Bontz told ABC Action News sports
anchor Kyle Burger. "The way I pushed things back then, I would´ve
been dead very soon."

The rest of the story, with photos, here:

https://tinyurl.com/24zkxnq3

Wayne R.