[AMP-L] Maine Legislators to Pass New Law Regarding Prosthetic Devices

Wayne Renardson wrenardson at gmail.com
Tue Jun 14 05:35:23 PDT 2022

via University of New England:

During her four years at UNE, Jordan Simpson, B.S. ’21 (Social Work
<https://www.une.edu/wchp/socialwork>), was focused on getting her degree.
But she also spent a lot of time on something she is very passionate about,
advocating for people who have experienced limb loss.

“This issue has been important in my life and in the lives of my friends,”
Simpson explained. “I am a congenital amputee, due to amniotic band
syndrome. I was born missing my right leg below the knee and some fingers
on my right hand. My left foot was also clubbed when I was born and is also
missing some toes.”

Despite the challenges she faced, Simpson says she had a fairly normal
childhood.

The rest of the story, with photos, here:

https://tinyurl.com/26xdhrxv

Wayne R.