[AMP-L] 'It Showed Me How Strong Our Bodies Can Be, ' says Amputee Athlete

Wayne Renardson wrenardson at gmail.com
Fri Jun 17 04:53:05 PDT 2022

via CNN Sports:

For some runners, the prospect of running the 26.2 miles of a marathon is
challenge enough. But to get up the following day and run another -- and
repeat the routine for the next three-and-a-half months -- takes a
particular blend of stamina, dedication and what some would call insanity.

At least, that's what Jacky Hunt-Broersma, an amputee endurance runner
based in Arizona, might have thought before she took up the sport nearly
six years ago.

"I wasn't a runner before I was an amputee," she tells CNN Sport, "I
thought runners were crazy ... But I kind of just gradually got addicted to
it a little bit."
Fast-forward to 2022 and the 46-year-old Hunt-Broersma has just completed
the self-set feat of running 104 marathons in 104 consecutive days between
January and April.

The rest of the story, with video, here:

https://tinyurl.com/25pbcbo6

Wayne R.