[AMP-L] Limb Loss and the Supreme Court

Wayne Renardson wayne.renardson at comcast.net
Wed Jun 29 14:22:00 PDT 2022

via Amplitude:

Amplitude is neither smart enough nor stupid enough to comment on any
of the decisions the Supreme Court handed down in the past week. None
of the legal or constitutional principles involved in these cases
implicate limb loss directly, and reactions to the Court´s rulings
are as diverse and passionate within the limb-loss community as
everywhere else. We can´t add any clarity to the discussion, and it
wouldn´t serve our purpose (nor anyone else´s) to stir the pot.

But the week´s events did get us wondering: When did the Justices
last consider limb loss in any substantive way? We recently became
aware of one amputee-related case that reached the Supreme Court, and
was argued by an amputee lawyer-it´s covered in our upcoming
July/August issue. With a bit of additional research, we turned up
three more SCOTUS cases related to limb loss in this century.

The rest of the story, with photo, here:

https://tinyurl.com/268gmcak

Wayne R.