[AMP-L] Amputee Forges Ahead to Become Nurse and Completes Masters Degree

Wayne Renardson wayne.renardson at comcast.net
Thu Jun 30 04:48:33 PDT 2022

via New W24:

Chaikhwa Nani Lobatse was diagnosed with osteosarcoma in 2013.

She had to make a choice to get her leg amputated to stop the pain
and the spread.

She still managed to pull through and pursue her dream of
becoming an oncology nurse.

In November 2013, three months after she started feeling pain just
below her left knee and had a swelling/lump, Chaikhwa Nani Lobatse
consulted the doctor and was diagnosed with osteosarcoma (bone
cancer).

"I was in disbelief. My symptoms matched that of bone cancer, and
that´s what the doctor suspected after doing the biopsy, so I was
expecting it, but it was just hard to believe," she tells W24.

"I think that was the saddest day of my life. I just had a lot of
fear, especially the outcome, because I didn´t understand much about
this type of cancer and cancer in general."

The rest of the story, with photos, here:

https://tinyurl.com/25lrs8od

Wayne R.