[AMP-L] Man Who Begged Doctor to Amputate Hands Holds a Pint Again

Wayne Renardson wrenardson at gmail.com
Mon May 9 07:24:36 PDT 2022

via The Mirror UK:

Michael White, 55, from Fleet in Hampshire, held a pint for the first
time in years after having his hands and legs amputated due to an
excruciating condition.

A quadruple amputee got to hold a pint in his hand and play pool for the
first time in five years thanks to a new futuristic bionic arm made using
3D printing.

Michael White, 55, lost all four limbs due to a rare inflammatory
condition, but was able to take a sip of ice cold beer thanks to his new
robotic limbs.

He was diagnosed with Bechet's syndrome and between 2012 and 2017
he had to undergo around 30 operations that meant doctors had to
amputate both his legs and hands.

His condition was causing him so much pain that he begged medics to
cut off his hands.

"In the end, I begged them to take my hands off, because any small cut
would just make them go black, they were dying and the pain was
excruciating," he said.

The rest of the story, with photos, here:

https://tinyurl.com/yylzsbuh

Wayne R.