[AMP-L] Amputee's 5km Challenge a Personal Test of Endurance

Wayne Renardson wrenardson at gmail.com
Mon May 16 16:22:35 PDT 2022

via Stuff -New Zealand:

A Palmerston North amputee is striding towards her goal of completing
a 5-kilometre walk within five years of losing her lower leg.

Karen Tippler, 54, set her sights on the finish line when her leg was
amputated in 2017. She thought she was running out of time until she
saw the Manawat Striders announce their annual marathon would be
held this Sunday.

The 5km walk starts at 11am at Massey University and Tippler was
hoping to cross the finish line at He Ara Kotahi on Ruha Street before
the event's cut-off time of 2pm.

"I would be disappointed if I can´t finish, but I am just going to really
push myself as far as I can," she said. "If I finish it will be awesome, It
will feel good to have achieved something."

The rest of the story, with photo, here:

https://tinyurl.com/y2y6xlo8

Wayne R.