[AMP-L] Discrimination Faced By Young Amputee Athletes

Wayne Renardson wrenardson at gmail.com
Sat May 28 09:11:01 PDT 2022

via The Mag UK:

`I can´t believe the discrimination my 10 year old son and his fellow
amputee friends experienced at Manchester City´ I would like to share
this story with other Newcastle United fans on here, regarding our recent
visit to Manchester City.

I have previously written on The Mag about the background to our
family´s situation (see here) but in short, our world was turned upside
down last year when my 10 year old son was hit by a car outside of
school and had his foot amputated.

It happened literally a year to the day, coincidentally.

He thought he was never going to play football again, he hit rock bottom
as you can imagine, then Melissa from the Newcastle United foundation
introduced herself at the GNCH RVI and he found amputee football, it´s
become his life and his reason for living.

He´s now training with the EAFA England Amputee Football
Association and has been chosen to go to the EAFF European Amputee
Football Federation camp in Tblisi, Georgia in July, representing his
country.

It´s costing a lot of money and EAFA are paying for everything except
the flights. Due to the current financial situation the flights have risen
from £350 to £1000 so...I´ll try and shorten the story as it´s a long one.

The rest of the story, with photos & comments, here:

https://tinyurl.com/2jcsrjyk

Wayne R.