[AMP-L] Amputee Resources in the Library of Congress

Wayne Renardson wayne.renardson at comcast.net
Wed Nov 2 06:27:12 PDT 2022

via Amplitude:

As promised in our November print edition ("America´s Amputee
Attic"), we present here some of the treasures we found in the
Library of Congress that reflect the history of limb loss in the
United States.

We found many of them by searching the LOC catalog on a variety of
terms, including "amputee," "prosthetic," "prosthesis," "disabled
veteran," "disability," and "limb." We also had some luck by using
the "find related items" feature, once we´d located an individual
catalog record pertaining to limb loss.

There are hundreds of additional images in the LOC´s collections. To
start exploring, visit their website at loc.gov.

The rest of the story, with photos, here:

https://tinyurl.com/27szvzr5

Wayne R.