[AMP-L] Amputee Surfimg

Wayne Renardson wayne.renardson at comcast.net
Wed Nov 2 06:44:55 PDT 2022

via Magic Seaweed:

Sam Carton is a 20-year old Belgian adaptive surfer with a passion
for photography, adventure and new experiences, and an infectious
zest for life. Three years ago, after battling for almost a decade
with aggressive Complex Regional Pain Syndrome which stemmed from a
cyst and fracture in her foot that she picked up at the age of 9, she
made a brave and life-altering decision.

"Years filled with hospital and rehab admissions, various treatments
and taking medication became my daily life. When I finally reached a
point where I was out of treatment and no longer had any quality of
life due to the pain, we made the decision to have my leg amputated."

The rest of the story, with photos, here:

https://tinyurl.com/29tfuuwl

Wayne R.