[AMP-L] Limb Loss, Psychedelics, Healing, and Ceremony

Wayne Renardson wayne.renardson at comcast.net
Wed Nov 9 16:31:19 PST 2022

via Amplitude:

Amplitude`s new story about the science of psychedelic medicine drew
a thoughtful note from Dan Edmondson. A bilateral below-knee amputee
since 2014, Edmondson (who we featured in our newsletter a couple
years back) has first-hand experience with psychedelic cures: He
participated in a peyote healing ceremony less than a year after
losing his legs.

"It legit took away my phantom pain," he says. "I still get phantom
sensations. I can still wiggle my toes. And I still get discomfort
and pain from wearing a socket and a prosthesis all day. But I
remember what phantom pain was like. I remember it waking me up,
these shooting pains. And I just don´t get them anymore."

The rest of the story, with photo, here:

https://tinyurl.com/2dbjvlw7

Wayne R.