[AMP-L] The Sore Problem of Prosthetic Limbs [Audio]

Wayne Renardson wayne.renardson at comcast.net
Sat Oct 8 04:58:03 PDT 2022

via TED Talk National Public Radio (NPR):

It's the TED Radio Hour from NPR. I'm Manoush Zomorodi. On the show
today - friction. And right now, I would like you to imagine you are
running down a rocky hill in a pair of shoes that are way too tight.

DAVID SENGEH: If it's too tight, then you're going to hurt your body
from inside. Your toes and all your legs are going to be really
painful. Like, it's going to hurt. It's going to lead to blisters.
You're going to have blisters, first of all. You're going to have all
of these pains internally.

ZOMORODI: OK. So now imagine you're going down this hill wearing
shoes that are way too big.

The rest of the story, with audio, here:

https://tinyurl.com/2q7y4wbt

Wayne R.