[AMP-L] High schoolers Built A Prosthetic Hand

Wayne Renardson wayne.renardson at comcast.net
Sun Feb 5 09:30:35 PST 2023

via Wonderful Engineering:

These Highschoolers Built A Prosthetic Hand For Their Classmate In
Need.

High school students in Tennessee have demonstrated their kindness
and technical abilities by building a prosthetic hand for one of
their classmates, Sergio Peralta. The project began when a student in
the school´s engineering club noticed their classmate, born without a
right hand, struggling with daily tasks.

Sergio Peralta was born with an undeveloped right hand. He practiced
writing with his left hand. He stated he could handle almost any
other profession by devising solutions for ordinary tasks such as
lugging a water bottle from class to class. "In the first days of
school, I honestly felt like hiding my hand," he told CBS News. "Like
nobody would ever find out."

The rest of the story, with photos, here:

https://tinyurl.com/24rln5cq

Wayne R.