[AMP-L] Teen Embracing Life After Leg Amputation [Video]

Wayne Renardson wayne.renardson at comcast.net
Thu Feb 16 18:08:51 PST 2023

via BBC News:

A teenager born with cerebral palsy, who was picked to play football
for England, has had his leg amputated.

Jude Aston, 18, from Wolverhampton has said he is staying incredibly
positive, having made the agonising decision to lose his leg. "I was
laughing and joking right up until I went to sleep", he said.

The teenager developed complications following a series of leg
procedures that began in childhood.

When he was 15, he had surgery to lengthen muscles to help him walk
more easily and reduce aches he felt while playing for the West
Bromwich Albion cerebral palsy football team.

The rest of the story, with photos & video, here:

https://tinyurl.com/2ojjfbkm

Wayne R.