[AMP-L] Does Osseointegration Really Prevent Falls?

Wayne Renardson wayne.renardson at comcast.net
Wed Jan 4 11:56:29 PST 2023

via Amplitude:

We kick things off with some news from the Journal of Gait and
Posture, whose January edition features some fresh outcomes data
about osseointegration. New evidence on this subject is always
welcome, because (as we noted in our feature article about OI back in
September) the body of peer-reviewed research on this subject is
still pretty shallow; only a few thousand amputees worldwide have
undergone this procedure, and a big chunk of them are still OI
newbies who haven´t had enough time to adjust to the bone-anchored
prosthesis and provide meaningful feedback.

But now that we´re two years removed from conditional FDA approval,
the data pipeline is starting to fill.

The rest of the story, with photo, here:

https://tinyurl.com/2me8pfao

Subscriptions are free in the continental U.S. Otherwise, the 6
issues cost $64 USD/year in Canada and $148 USD/year in other
countries.

https://livingwithamplitude.com/subscribe/

Wayne R.