[AMP-L] Family of Amputee Killed by Police Has a Message

Wayne Renardson wayne.renardson at comcast.net
Tue Jan 31 04:41:17 PST 2023

via Los Angeles Times:

Dorothy Lowe wept as she stood outside the Huntington Park Police
Department on Monday, struggling at times to speak before a bank of
television cameras.

It had been four days since police officers fatally shot her son,
Anthony, a 36-year-old double amputee who was trying to run away on
what remained of his legs.

"I just want the truth," Dorothy Lowe said. "Nothing but the truth
and justice for my son. My son was murdered."

At the news conference Monday, family members and friends of Anthony
Lowe, along with community advocates, demanded that the Huntington
Park police officers who killed him be prosecuted.

The rest of the story, with photo, here:

https://tinyurl.com/26bo9hul

Wayne R.