[AMP-L] Aussie Mum’s Tragedy After a Small Bump Led to Amputation

Wayne Renardson wayne.renardson at comcast.net
Sat Jul 1 10:28:22 PDT 2023

via New Zealand Herald:

An Aussie mum has shared her shocking story after a tiny lump on her
hand resulted in amputation.

Rosie-May Fisher, 32, first noticed the "soft and painless" mass in
the middle of her left palm in 2010.

After brushing it off as an "odd thing that appeared on my body", she
brought it up with her doctor in an unrelated appointment two years
later. Fisher then had an MRI, which classified the lump as
non-suspicious, leading doctors to think it was perhaps a benign
sebaceous cyst.

The rest of the story, with photo, here:

https://tinyurl.com/2av6dnov

with links to:

Christchurch earthquake: Doctor recalls amputation

Amputation gives freedom after Southland woman's meningitis ...

Our amputation shame: Thousands of NZers lose limbs ...

Amputee who was sexually harassed at Hutt Hospital ...

Wayne R.