[AMP-L] 'I couldn't bring myself to amputate a perfectly healthy part of me'

Wayne Renardson wayne.renardson at comcast.net
Sat Jul 8 07:13:17 PDT 2023

via Yahoo Life:

When Katerine Gagnon was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2020 at the
age of 42, she was told she would need a mastectomy - the amputation
of her breast and removal of all of its tissue - in order to become
cancer-free.

And while she could have opted to have a double mastectomy - which
includes removing the healthy breast as well as hopefully preventing
any future (if rare) cancer occurrence in that breast - she went with
the protocol and underwent a unilateral, or single, mastectomy, just
as Sarah Ferguson did recently.

The rest of the story, with photo, here:

https://tinyurl.com/27m5vdsw

Wayne R.