[AMP-L] Amputee Surfer Making Waves in the Sport

Wayne Renardson wayne.renardson at comcast.net
Mon Jun 12 07:44:34 PDT 2023

via The Inquirer:

When Sarah Almagro was 18 she suffered meningococcal meningitis and
surgeons had to amputate both her hands and feet. Her dreams of
becoming a surfer appeared to be dashed.

But only three years later, she took part in the World Para Surfing
Championships in the United States and finished second.

"I had four prosthesis and a silver around my neck. It is something
that I would never have imagined after everything that happened.
People should never throw in the towel," she told Reuters.

The rest of the story, with photo, here:

https://tinyurl.com/28pswo5g

Wayne R.