[AMP-L] Amputees Feel Warmth In Their Missing Hand

Wayne Renardson wayne.renardson at comcast.net
Fri May 19 10:08:22 PDT 2023

via EurAsia Review:

"When I touch the stump with my hand, I feel tingling in my missing
hand, my phantom hand. But feeling the temperature variation is a
different thing, something important... something beautiful," says
Francesca Rossi.

Rossi is an amputee from Bologna, Italy. She recently participated in
a study to test the effects of temperature feedback directly to the
skin on her residual arm. She is one of 17 patients to have felt her
phantom, missing hand, change in temperature thanks to new EPFL
technology. More importantly, she reports feeling reconnected to her
missing hand.

The rest of the story, with photo, here:

https://tinyurl.com/2m89rvsl

Wayne R.