[AMP-L] Amputees Build Community Through Mobility Clinic

Wayne Renardson wayne.renardson at comcast.net
Sun May 21 05:56:35 PDT 2023

via KSL TV:

Eight years ago, Matthew Brewer lost both of his legs after a
near-fatal heroin overdose.

He was alone, depressed and "full of shame and guilt."

"It wasn't until I came to another Hanger Clinic event called BAKA
Bootcamp - bilateral above knee amputee boot camp - that I was able
to actually connect with my community," Brewer said. "That weekend
was a life-altering experience for me because I got to see other
people doing things that I wanted to do."

The rest of the story, with photos, here:

https://tinyurl.com/2k5tp4kb

Wayne R.