[athen] Accessing eText (was How many blind objections...)

Berkowitz, Daniel J djbrky at bu.edu
Sat Feb 26 06:03:53 PST 2005

I have never tried BookPorts - but perhaps I will get one and try it out. I have had blind students who do not liked using them, but I have never tried them for LD students.

At this time we loan LD students copies of eReader. For years we have loaned students 4-track players for their RFB&D books and each copy of eReader costs about the same. Beyond allowing TTS access to eText the program also includes a very good web-browser and screen reader, Daisy access, and functional word-processing (type and talk). We combine eReader with AT&T Natural Voices on a students personal computer and the results have been very well received.

Jim - What are the voices like on the BookPort?

---Dann
==================================
Daniel J. Berkowitz
Assistant Director