[athen] Assistive Technology: A Prescription for Opportunity

Berkowitz, Daniel J djbrky at bu.edu
Tue May 17 06:34:53 PDT 2005

Of New England interest - but if you happen to be in the area...

I have received an invitation from Laurel Labdon, Ms. Wheelchair
Massachusetts (2005) to attend the following event and she has asked me
to pass this along:

"Assistive Technology: A Prescription for Opportunity"

in conjunction with Special Needs Awareness Day in the Commonwealth

Monday, May 23rd at the State House (2:00 to 3:00 pm)

http://www.mswheelchairmass.org/invitation.html

Ms. Labdon writes:

I am taking this opportunity to demonstrate the importance of assistive

technology for those with special needs and the fiscal, as well as
medical and

quality of life benefits of funding programs that make it accessible to
those

who need it.

Keynote Speakers Rep. Thomas P. Kennedy & Senate Majority Leader
Frederick E. Berry as well as Massachusetts Rehabilitation Commissioner
Elmer Bartels.

In addition, Senator Berry who will deliver the keynote

==================================
Daniel J. Berkowitz
Assistant Director
Boston University