[athen] ATHEN members meeting at AHG

Stewart, Ron ron.stewart at oregonstate.edu
Thu Oct 27 09:28:00 PDT 2005

Good morning and I hope life finds you all well,

We will be having an ATHEN members meeting on Thursday November 10th at
6:30pm during the AHG conference in Boulder. I will provide the
location in the next few days, but it will be at the conference hotel
the Millennium. Non-members are strongly encouraged to attend to find
out more about ATHEN, its goals and its current efforts in service to
the Postsecondary AT community.

It has actually been a fairly productive year for ATHEN, and I have some
interesting ideas to discuss with you all and some possible
opportunities that may be on the horizon.

Following the meeting those that are interested will be taking our
normal dinner trip, I'm voting for the Italian place next door.

If you are not able to attend AHG, we will be having our next members
meeting during the CSUN conference in March.

For more information about ATHEN please visit our newly redesigned
website at: http://athenpro.org/
For the latest in conversation go to the ATHEN blog site at:
http://athenpro.blogspot.com/

An E-Journal issue on Distance Education is in the works with a special
guest editor.

The long awaited issue on Alt Format is still in development, this topic
has taken some interesting turns in the last year or so and it has
impacted the journals development.

I am looking for other individuals who are willing to develop a focused
issue of the ATHEN E-Journal so please contact me if you are interested.

Suggested topics are:
Library Accessibility
Current State of Technology Accessibility in Higher Education
Bleeding Edge Technologies for Access
Electronic Curricular Access

Ron Stewart, President
Access Technologist Higher Education Network