[Athen] FW: [Access Technologists Higher Education Network] Podcast of Note - "Fly With Me"

Berkowitz, Daniel J djbrky at bu.edu
Wed Aug 2 09:53:33 PDT 2006

________________________________

From: D. Berkowitz [mailto:djbrky at bu.edu]
Sent: Wednesday, August 02, 2006 12:10 PM
To: Berkowitz, Daniel J
Subject: [Access Technologists Higher Education Network] Podcast of Note
- "Fly With Me"

Taking a brief break from the Mac testing to introduce a podcast I
discovered recently - Fly With Me <http://joepodcaster.libsyn.com/>
produced by 'JoePodcaster' - a guy who is a pilot for a major U.S. air
carrier. Normally I would not post about a non-access tech related
podcast on this blog, but episode eleven (11) caught my ear enough that
I just had to share. Here is the link to the mp3 download
<http://media.libsyn.com/media/joepodcaster/fwm-011.mp3> .

In episode eleven, Joe interviews a listener who has a bit of a
technology/computer background with a dream of learning how to pilot a
helicopter. What makes this relevant to ATHEN is that this gentleman is
blind and during the interview they discuss the auditory and tactile
side of aircraft controls
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aircraft_flight_control_systems> .

I recommend the entire podcast - all 14 episodes and then some. I
especially enjoyed episodes 8 and 8.5 "When Things Go Wrong" and episode
12 wih the real life "Snake on a Plane". Listen and enjoy.

--
Posted by D. Berkowitz to Access Technologists Higher Education Network
<http://athenpro.blogspot.com/2006/08/podcast-of-note-fly-with-me.html>