[Athen] IE7 Compatibility

Sean Keegan skeegan at htctu.net
Fri Dec 15 11:41:27 PST 2006

Hi Patrick,

> My question is, how well are other adaptive programs working with IE7?

I posted a link to the IE 7 blog a few weeks ago that focuses a bit on
screen-reader technology, but also identifies other assistive tech.

http://tinyurl.com/y3qzkc

The short answer is that Dragon Naturally Speaking has some issues with IE
7, although there is an update to DNS 9 that is supposed to correct
compatibility issues (I have not tried it yet). There was a brief
discussion of this on the Alternate Media list at the HTCTU awhile back
(http://htclistserv.htctu.fhda.edu/read/messages?id=29840).

There are also problems with MathPlayer and integration with IE 7 and the
recommendation is to not install IE 7 if you need MathML support.

Take care,
Sean