[Athen] Controlling untagged document prompt with Adobe Reader

sean keegan skeegan at htctu.net
Mon Jul 17 16:55:07 PDT 2006

Hi Tim,

I finally got my Adobe Reader 7.0 working and looked for the setting to turn
off the document prompt in Reader. It appears that the same setting in
Adobe Acrobat works for Adobe Reader (someone was thinking!).

To turn off the prompt completely in Reader, perform the following steps:
1. Open Adobe Reader and select "Edit" on the menu bar. Choose
"Preferences".

2. Choose the "Reading" category in the left pane.

3. On the right side of the window, you will see a category called
"Screen-Reader Options". Uncheck the box marked "Confirm before tagging
documents". Hit Ok.

That should take care of the issue.

Take care,
Sean

Sean Keegan
Web Accessibility Instructor
High Tech Center Training Unit, California Community Colleges