[Athen] ATHEN text for AHG 2006 registration form

Berkowitz, Daniel J djbrky at bu.edu
Fri May 26 07:02:59 PDT 2006

Are you mocking me? .... is he mocking me? ... the guy from New York is
mocking me I think ....

OK -- but only if I get to write the copy for the alt-tag

=========================
Daniel Berkowitz - Assistant Director
Boston University Office of Disability Services
19 Deerfield Street, 2nd floor
Boston, MA 02215

(617) 353-3658 (office)
(617) 353-9646 (fax)
djbrky at bu.edu (eMail)
www.bu.edu/disability

people to

>go directly to the membership information. You can say something like:

>"For

>more information on ATHEN membership levels and to obtain an

application,

>visit http://athenpro.org/node/13." Of course, you can change that

wording

athen at athenpro.org

>Subject: Re: [Athen] ATHEN text for AHG 2006 registration form

>How about something explaining how all of the members are good looking

and

>smart as whips!

>OK -- better than that -- talk up the ATHEN track of programs and make

>mention of the networking and social opportunities. Networking can be

>facilitated by marking our nametags with something (a big red 'A' or a

>grecian column or some such). We all know that one night of the

conference

>we will be have an ATHEN night out for dinner and drinks.

>=========================

>Daniel Berkowitz - Assistant Director

>Boston University Office of Disability Services

>19 Deerfield Street, 2nd floor

>Boston, MA 02215

>(617) 353-3658 (office)

>(617) 353-9646 (fax)

>djbrky at bu.edu <mailto:djbrky at bu.edu> (eMail)

>www.bu.edu/disability

>________________________________

site.

>Access Technologists Higher Education Network (ATHEN)

>ATHEN is a professional association and network for Access

Technologists in

>Higher Education. The purpose of ATHEN is to collect and disseminate

best

>practices in access technology in the higher education environment as

well

>as present a collective voice for the professional practice of access

>technology in higher education. For more information on ATHEN

membership

>and

>its benefits, see the web site at: www.athenpro.org

><http://www.athenpro.org/> Also, I only posted the option for

Professional

>Membership due to space limitations. Should the other memberships be

>mentioned or will folks probably pick that up by going to the ATHEN Pro

Web

>site. Any thought on a specific blurb on the Web site indicating the

>benefits of membership?

>Thanks,

>Howard

>Howard Kramer

>Assistive Technology Lab Coordinator

>AT Conference Coordinator

>Disability Services

>CU-Boulder, 107 UCB

>Boulder, Co 80309

>303-492-8672

>NOTICE: This e-mail (including attachments) is covered by the

Electronic

>Communications Privacy Act, 18 U.S.C._2510-2521, is confidential and

may be

>privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please be aware that

any

>retention, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this

communication is

>prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please reply to the

>sender that you have received this message in error, then delete it.

Thank