[Athen] Job Posting for Bookshare

Gaeir Dietrich gdietrich at htctu.net
Tue May 30 16:54:25 PDT 2006

Are you looking for a socially meaningful job that uses your business and
technology skills? Benetech's Literacy Program has an opportunity for you to
drive product development where the bottom line is literacy. You will have a
direct impact on helping people get access to the books they need for
education and employment and helping people learn to read.

Bookshare.org is opening new doors, literally, for people with vision and
print disabilities; we have formed the world's largest accessible digital
library of scanned material. The number of books and newspapers available
online is multiplying daily.

Education is the path to a better life. Route 66 Literacy - our web-based
literacy program - enables anyone who is literate to help teenagers and
adults learn to read and write.

We are looking for an experienced product manager who can work with the
Literacy Program team and Engineering to ensure that the products meet our
mission goals of providing the best tools for people seeking access to
literacy.

Primary Responsibilities include:
*       Provide primary product management for the features and functions of
Literacy Program products.
*       Assess overall and project-specific needs to develop both short-term
and long- term strategy and policy.
*       Work with Engineering to translate overall and project-specific
needs into clear tasks and priorities.

The ideal candidate will have:
*       Demonstrated product management experience with online and web-based
applications
*       Understanding of the assistive technology and/or literacy field
highly desirable
*       Excellent communication, negotiation and problem-solving skills

More information is available at Product Manager, Literacy Programs.

http://benetech.org/join_us/position_postings.shtml#pmlp

By joining Benetech you will be part of a group of people who are passionate
about creating technology that serves humanity by blending social conscience
with Silicon Valley expertise. We build innovative solutions that have
lasting impact on critical needs around the world.

If you want to help us build Benetech, please send your resume and a cover
letter explaining why you would like to work for us to hr at benetech.org or
Human Resources at 650/475-1066 (fax).