[Athen] Document Conversion Costs

Berkowitz, Daniel J djbrky at bu.edu
Wed May 31 08:26:30 PDT 2006

This is something Ron has been asked repeatedly at eText Institutes and
I will be discussing at the eText Institute I am leading at Landmark
College next week. This is the type of information we should have on the
ATHEN website - basic tech lab configurations and options.

In my version of the eText Institute I outline basic and advanced
workstations, basic and production software, monitors, burners and
storage drives, printing and labeling, workspace, scanners, staffing,
playback software and hardware.

Ron likes to use the following number for budgeting. Once you have a
rough estimate of salaries (staff costs) - multiply that number by 1.24
for a rough estimate of production costs. He told me where the number
1.24 came from but I don't remember.

=========================
Daniel Berkowitz - Assistant Director
Boston University Office of Disability Services
19 Deerfield Street, 2nd floor
Boston, MA 02215

(617) 353-3658 (office)
(617) 353-9646 (fax)
djbrky at bu.edu (eMail)
www.bu.edu/disability

for

>scanners, embossers, computers, software, any other hardware - such as

>comb binder - and then time individuals put in to do whatever is

>necessary. I could then do a simple average based on the number of

pages