[Athen] Academic Outcomes and Electronic Text

Pratik Patel pratikp1 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 13 14:16:33 PST 2006

Outcome-based research in this field is a bit difficult to accomplish
because comparative samples are hard to come by. Unless there are creative
methods to study students--interviews, surveys, etc., ethically it is
difficult for us to expect a group of students to participate in a study
where they would not have access to electronic resources. Combined
longitudinal and lateral studies would probably be necessary. And,
reviewers aren't willing to wait for such results.

Pratik