[Athen] Mac dictation system

Peplow, Michael O. PeplowM at missouri.edu
Wed Nov 29 06:43:04 PST 2006

I have not used iListen recently, but I did use it extensively about two
years ago and at that time the recognition was only slightly behind
naturally speaking. The major problem I had at that time was that
iListen could not do hands-free correction, but as I understand it is
capable in the program now. Other than that Teresa is correct a good
USB headset is a necessity although I did not have to have that much of
a quiet setting. In fact at that time Dragon NaturallySpeaking was more
background sensitive than iListen was. One more thing I just remembered
about iListen is that you have to have enough memory to help get you
quick and smooth recognition. We recommend a 1 GB of memory for running
NaturallySpeaking and this would be very similar for iListen.

I am getting ready to do some more research with iListen and I may have
more information in the future.

Mike Peplow

Assistive Technology Practitioner

Adaptive Computing Technology Center