[Athen] FW: Position Opening: Alternate Media Access Coordinator,
skeegan at htctu.net
Tue Oct 31 12:22:25 PST 2006
A job position for those interested in Alternate Media...
Web Accessibility Instructor
High Tech Center Training Unit, California Community Colleges
Invites applications for:
ALTERNATE MEDIA ACCESS COORDINATOR
Application Deadline: Wednesday, November 20, 2006 4:00 PM
Under general supervision, serve as a liaison between faculty, students and
the Disability Programs and Services (DPS) department. Implement
prescriptive programs for students with disabilities based on assessment
data, resource specialist input, and other relevant information. Provide
instructional and technical support to faculty by familiarizing them in the
operation of adapted software and equipment. In conjunction with the DPS
Resource Specialists develop access strategies to enhance the student's
ability to succeed in class.
* Assist the Director, DPS and the Coordinator, DPS in technology
related activities enabling course work to be accessible to students with
* Assist students through compensatory provisions specifically in
the area of adaptive technology.
* Survey the current access technology needs of the campus and
develop an access technology plan.
* Serve as liaison between DPS and the faculty to secure and
translate instructionally related materials. Produce such materials in
alternate formats in a timely manner.
* Provide guidelines to faculty and staff for formatting documents
* Provide training on access/alternate medial technology for faculty
* Provide group in-service/one-to-one assistance to faculty in their
design/redesign of distance education offerings to insure they meet access
* May be required to become familiar with the content and
expectations of a given college course and to assist/accommodate the student
in successfully completing that course.
* Develop and maintain a resource bank of access strategies which
students with disabilities may use to enhance learning.
* Maintain adapted and technology related equipment utilized to
accommodate students with disabilities.
* Serve as liaison to campus technology committee, including the 508
Compliance committee, and community agencies.
* In conjunction with DPS staff maintain DPS website.
* Participate in staff meetings, workshops, conferences, and courses
for the purpose of professional growth and the augmentation of technical
* Perform related duties as assigned.
* Bachelor's degree.
* Demonstrated knowledge of adaptive technology.
* Demonstrated ability to work with various types of educational
* Ability to communicate well with students who have disabilities.
* Ability to communicate precisely and effectively both orally and
in writing and handle sensitive information in a confidential manner.
* Ability to relate empathetically to students with various ethnic,
cultural, and academic backgrounds with varying degrees and types of
* Ability to work independently.
* Clear evidence of sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse
academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of
community college students.
MEETING MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS DOES NOT ASSURE THE CANDIDATE OF AN
INTERVIEW. Applications will be evaluated taking into account the breadth
and depth of relevant education, experience, skill, knowledge, and
* Experience in a community college setting.
* Working hours: Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
(However, hours may vary according to student needs.)
Applications must be filled out completely and in detail. The application
package must include a District application, copy of official transcripts,
and a resume. Please do not include any additional documents not required
in this section.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
This is a full-time, 12-month, classified bargaining unit position.
Starting date: as soon as possible. Range 12 of the CSEA Salary Schedule,
with a starting salary of Step A, $3,715/month; progresses over time to
$5,230/month. Excellent benefit package.
Chaffey Community College District is committed to equal employment
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the athen-list