[Athen] Company Knowledge

Jon Gunderson jongund at uiuc.edu
Thu Sep 14 14:42:36 PDT 2006

Michelle,
I would recommend that you ask them to report or you can check the accessibility of the resources they develop using the Functional Accessibility Evaluator[1]. We have been using it on our campus to evaluate websites and had a very positive response in terms of helping them identify accessibility problems.

One important issue is to have them test any templates for accessibility before they start adding content.

I would also be very interested in any feedback you have about the tool, since we are designing it to be used for the exact task that you are trying to accommplish.

Jon

P.S. it is free tool for you or the web development company to use

[1] Functional Accessibility Evaluator
http://fae.cita.uiuc.edu