[Athen] Google Reaching Out for Accessibility (EASI Podcast)

Prof Norm Coombs norm.coombs at gmail.com
Thu Apr 26 09:20:17 PDT 2007

It plays for me.
At 09:16 AM 4/26/2007, you wrote:

>Norm

>I am getting an error when I click on the Google promo. It tells me

>that I am forbiden from getting the file. Try it.

>http://easi.cc/archive/g-promo.mp3

>Dick

>On 4/26/07, Prof Norm Coombs <norm.coombs at gmail.com> wrote:

> > --=====================_90336390==.ALT

> > Google is actively reaching out to Internet users with disabilities and is

> > working to make all of their products more accessible to this

> > population. In March, Google came to the giant international

> conference on

> > People with Disabilities and Technology produced by CSUN (California State

> > University Northridge). Google had a booth and also gave a couple

> > presentations.

> > Next week, EASI's Podcast on conference presentations will provide the

> > audio of a CSUN Google presentation and on the Podcast site will have a

> > link to documents used in that presentation. We are excited to bring this

> > to our EASI friends.

> > This link will take you to a two-minute excerpt from the Google

> > presentation:

> > http://easi.cc/archive/g-promo.mp3

> > You can find the EASI Podcasts at

> > http://easi.cc/podcasts/

> > There are 3 different Podcast feeds there. For this presentation select

> > the conference Podcast feed which will take you to the page where you can

> > subscribe. It will be posted next Thursday or Friday.

> > EASI also is planning to host a live Webinar with Google folk in the next

> > month or two. Watch for an announcement at:

> > http://easi.cc/clinic.htm

> > EASI, (Equal Access to Software and Information), is committed to using

> > Podcasts, Webinars, online courses and interactive Internet tools to help

> > institutions make their computer and information technology resources more

> > accessible to users with disabilities.

> > Norman Coombs

> > CEO EASI

> > -----------------------

> > Check out EASI's New Synchronous Clinics:

> > http://easi.cc/clinic.htm

> > EASI Home Page http://www.rit.edu/~easi

> > Online Courses and Clinics http://easi.cc/workshop.htm

> > To sign off this list

> > send e-mail to listserv at listserv.icors.org saying

> > signoff itd-jnl

> > --=====================_90336390==.ALT

> > Google is actively reaching out to Internet users with disabilities and is

> > working to make all of their products more accessible to this population.

> > In March, Google came to the giant international conference on People with

> > Disabilities and Technology produced by CSUN (California State University

> > Northridge). Google had a booth and also gave a couple presentations.

> > Next week, EASI's Podcast on conference presentations will provide the

> > audio of a CSUN Google presentation and on the Podcast site will have a

> link

> > to documents used in that presentation. We are excited to bring this

> to our

> [...]

Webinar Series on Accessible Powerpoint starting April 19
http//easi.cc/clinic.htm

May Courses
Barrier-free Information Technology (4-week online course starting May 7)
http//easi.cc/workshop.htm
Creating and Repurposing More Accessible Content (4-week online course
starting May 7)
http//easi.cc/workshop.htm

Norman Coombs, Ph.D.
CEO EASI (http//easi.cc)