[Athen] online math access for quadriplegic

Wink Harner wink.harner at mcmail.maricopa.edu
Mon Aug 27 12:23:12 PDT 2007

Heidi et al great ATHEN-ites,

Can the student speak fairly clearly? Using MathTalk & Scientific
Notebook would be a great solution for the input-output of homework,
tests & quizzes. Student dictates using Dragon & MathTalk directly into
MSWord. It would be possible, if the online portion is NOT accessible
for student to dictate into directly, for the student to email an
attached homework or test directly to the instructor. If student does
not have use of hands at all, having him/her use the AT lab where
someone can help with the placement of the headset or bluetooth mic
would be helpful. We have asked instructors' permission to load their
online access into our AT lab so we can "test drive" it with the student
to make sure they can do it and so we can figure out what assistance
from us will or may be necessary.

Hope this is helpful.

Wink
Ms. Wink Harner