[Athen] Braille Rides Again!

Gaeir Dietrich gdietrich at htctu.net
Thu Aug 30 15:47:07 PDT 2007

If you're in Southern California and want to learn to read Braille, then
saddle up. The time has come!

The three-day intensive "Introduction to Reading Braille" class will be
coming to Southern California this fall. This course is taught by the High
Tech Center Training Unit of the California community colleges and is hosted
by Braille Institute centers in San Diego, Los Angeles, and Anaheim. (See
below for dates and locations*.)

There is no charge for this training, and for those of you in the CCCs,
please note we also are not providing travel reimbursement as we do with
trainings at our center in Cupertino.

On a space-available basis, these trainings are open to disability
professionals outside the California community colleges, so for those of you
in the CCCs who are concerned about your Braille-users transferring to local
four-year institutions, round up you colleagues and let them know that they
are welcome to "ride with us."

Registration is available now online at the HTCTU Web site:
http://www.htctutraining.net/

If you have never before used our training-registration system, simply
create an account for yourself. If you have questions, please contact me:
gdietrich at htctu.net
408-996-6043

The first training is in San Diego in just a few weeks, and spaces are
limited. Get ahead of the stampede and sign up today!

September 18-20, 2007
San Diego
Braille Institute
San Diego Center
4555 Executive Drive
San Diego, CA 92121
Phone: (858) 452-1111

October 2-4, 2007
Anaheim
Braille Institute
Orange County Center
527 North Dale Avenue
Anaheim, CA 92801
Phone: (714) 821-5000

October 30-November 1, 2007
Los Angeles
Braille Institute
Los Angeles Sight Center
741 North Vermont Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90029
Phone: (323) 663-1111
Times
Tuesday 10:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
Wednesday 9:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
Thursday 9:00 a.m.-3:30 p.m.

* Please note that we are hoping to schedule additional trainings in the
spring in Santa Barbara and Rancho Mirage.

Gaeir (rhymes with "fire") Dietrich
High Tech Center Training Unit of the
California Community Colleges
De Anza College, Cupertino, CA